Major mode for editing arrays.
Array mode is a specialized mode for editing arrays. An array is
considered to be a two-dimensional set of strings. The strings are
NOT recognized as integers or real numbers.
The array MUST reside at the top of the buffer.
TABs are not respected, and may be converted into spaces at any time.
Setting the variable `array-respect-tabs' to non-nil will prevent TAB conversion,
but will cause many functions to give errors if they encounter one.
Upon entering array mode, you will be prompted for the values of
several variables. Others will be calculated based on the values you
supply. These variables are all local to the buffer. Other buffer
in array mode may have different values assigned to the variables.
The variables are:
Variables you assign:
array-max-row: The number of rows in the array.
array-max-column: The number of columns in the array.
array-columns-per-line: The number of columns in the array per line of buffer.
array-field-width: The width of each field, in characters.
array-rows-numbered: A logical variable describing whether to ignore
row numbers in the buffer.
Variables which are calculated:
array-line-length: The number of characters in a buffer line.
array-lines-per-row: The number of buffer lines used to display each row.
The following commands are available (an asterisk indicates it may
take a numeric prefix argument):
Uses keymap `array-mode-map', which is not currently defined.
M-x array-forward-column Move forward one column.
* M-x array-backward-column Move backward one column.
* M-x array-next-row Move down one row.
* M-x array-previous-row Move up one row.
* M-x array-copy-forward Copy the current field into the column to the right.
* M-x array-copy-backward Copy the current field into the column to the left.
* M-x array-copy-down Copy the current field into the row below.
* M-x array-copy-up Copy the current field into the row above.
* M-x array-copy-column-forward Copy the current column into the column to the right.
* M-x array-copy-column-backward Copy the current column into the column to the left.
* M-x array-copy-row-down Copy the current row into the row below.
* M-x array-copy-row-up Copy the current row into the row above.
M-x array-fill-rectangle Copy the field at mark into every cell with row and column
between that of point and mark.
M-x array-what-position Display the current array row and column.
M-x array-goto-cell Go to a particular array cell.
M-x array-make-template Make a template for a new array.
M-x array-reconfigure-rows Reconfigure the array.
M-x array-expand-rows Expand the array (remove row numbers and newlines inside rows) M-x array-display-local-variables Display the current values of local variables. Entering array mode calls the function `array-mode-hook'. (fn)